If you’re experiencing balding, thinning hair, or scalp scarring and browsing for solutions, you may have come across scalp micropigmentation. And while some people may dismiss it as, “just a head tattoo,” there’s actually a lot more going on than meets the eye with this process.
Medical Tattooing, and Permanent Camouflage
Scalp micropigmentation is, in fact, a form of a head tattoo. The way the procedure works is that these medical grade tattoos create the impression that the client still has active hair follicles, but they’re simply wearing a shaved hairstyle. Whether someone is entirely bald, has a receding hairline, visible scarring, or just thinning hair, scalp micropigmentation creates the necessary contrast to make it look like one has a thicker, fuller head of hair.
To be clear, this process doesn’t stimulate hair growth, or actually help reinvigorate the scalp. Rather, it acts as a camouflage to cover up the fact that the scalp is showing through by darkening it, and making it look like there’s still hair there. It’s great for active individuals who don’t want to be sidelined by excessive healing time or a wig’s shifting with movement.
Why Opt For Scalp Micropigmentation?
Some people might ask why one would choose micropigmentation over other solutions to baldness and receding hair. At the end of the day, the answer is different for every individual. However, this process has several advantages over more traditional approaches to baldness.
- Permanent Solution: Scalp micropigmentation, like any tattoo, stays in place. So once the process is done, there’s no need for repeat treatments, only touch up appointments. Even better- the ink utilized is medical grade quality, so it won’t turn colors on you through the years.
- Non-Invasive: There’s no need to make incisions, or to get inside your head. Scalp micropigmentation uses a few needles and some ink, and that’s all.
- Quick: While the number of sessions varies by client, scalp micropigmentation is a relatively fast process comparative to other treatments. Once the ink is in the skin, it’s visible- no wait time or uncertainty.
- Painless: There may be some minor discomfort, but all in all scalp micropigmentation is not a painful process. Some people even opt to do it on a lunch break from work!
- Natural Looking: We match the color to your existing hair follicle to ensure the end result is natural. Someone needs to look very closely right to notice it’s not the real thing.
These are just a few of the many reasons people are opting for this unique approach to hair loss. For more information about scalp micropigmentation, and to find out if it’s right for you, simply contact us today for your free consultation!